Sunday, August 19, 2012

Get inspiration, then go...

Well, folks. I'm in a band. It's called Jerry Butler & The Blu-J's ( www.jerrybutlerandtheblujs.com ). We have spent the majority of the last three days in a studio in the mountains of East Tennessee laying down tracks for a new all-gospel project that we hope to have released before the end of September. It was my first time in the studio with this bunch and things went surprisingly well. The rhythm guitar, bass, and banjo tracks are DONE. We will continue to work on that in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

In other news, I received a rather zen piece of advice today that I thought I would share with you all. I sent a text message to a friend who operates a blog asking for any advice they might have for blogging and got this reply: "Don't go to your blog and search for inspiration; get inspiration, then go to your blog."

Now. Did I have any inspiration  when I started this post? Nope. I'm going to try the old "keep-writing-and-something-will-come-out" routine. Hopefully something will come out. I'm sure I will have more deep and thought provoking posts before too much longer. Having thought about this recording project so much this week, my thoughts haven't been all that inspiring. But I've got about a week and a half of down time at home starting Tuesday. Plenty of time to think.

And watch my tomatoes grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment